Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Michelle's Nelson Reading List

Douglas Coupland: never read him before, his books are so easy to devour in one sitting
All Families Are Psychotic
Hey Nostradamus!
Eleanor Rigby

Roddy Doyle: he's kind of like an Irish Coupland, very amusing and depressing all at the same time
A Star Called Henry
Paula Spencer

Edwidge Danticat: a little woo woo for my taste
The Farming of Bones

Neil Gaiman: like science fiction without being too geeky
American Gods

Alai (yes, just one name): if you've ever wondered what the life of a Tibetan chieftan was like, here's the book for you
Red Poppies

Sheri Reynolds: a very lovable main character, warts and all
A Gracious Plenty

I haven't had a public library card for years and I must say it is so enjoyable. Unlike when I'm buying books, I don't have to choose the epic length ones in order to get my money's worth.

No comments: