Saturday, November 24, 2007

Plague of Fork Bugs Hits Nelson District Art Council Craft Faire!!!

So we thought a few weeks ago it would be fun to try and get a booth at a craft fair. A class mate's partner put us in touch with the NDAC Craft Faire. This fair is the only juried fair in the Kootenays. We got in. I like to think it was because of my belt buckles, but truly they were desperate for more artists... I put my buckles in and Darcy made some amazing moon candle holders and Katherine put in some raku-like platters and a single picture frame. We also thought about fork bugs. Katherine found one on a dead old rusty motorbike at Kevin's place. I tweaked it a bit so it could be a fridge magnet. The rest is history. So far we have sold about 120 of the little buggers with Sunday still to come...

NDAC Craft Faire

No comments: